Visiting Strawberry

My fans, I had a most lovely weekend, jam-packed with recreation. Thanks of course to Lovely Beth, who was nice enough to work for me so I could enjoy my last hurrah before school started again. Today. Lame. Okay, onto the blow by blow, with pictures.

Friday- Work, followed by quality recreation time with Meg and Mike. Matt and I took Meg and Mike to Golfland in Mesa for mini golf. I had a great time. Now, I've blogged before about my golfing skills, which don't allow points for the creativity I display. But all that aside, I got three hole in ones, and an almost hole in one, where I initially hit the ball so hard it bounced off the wall and into the river, (which Matt fished out of the water, with me saying, "Fetch, boy, this is why girls bring boys to mini golf," He's so compliant.) but got a perfect hole in one on my second attempt.

I also managed to make Matt scream, which was fun. Meg had sent her yellow ball into the "rough" (the landscaping), and Matt found a frog while looking for it. Matt pointed out the frog to me, and said, "You can catch it if you want," then turned and kept looking. So, I caught it. Then walked up to him with the frog in my hand, stuck it in his face and said, "Look, Frog!" Matt screamed. Apparently, he didn't think I'd actually catch the frog. Or try to scare him with it. And if I'm good at anything, I know catching frogs and scaring Matt are high on my list of skills.

Matt won mini-golf, Mike in second with Meg and I tying with the same score in double-last. We played some DDR in the arcade and had a late dinner at Denny's to round out the evening.

On Saturday, Matt and I drove up to Flagstaff. It wasn't snowing, but there had been a storm earlier in the week, so there was plenty of snow to play with. We forgot to bring a working camera, and so on Sunday I replaced my old small camera with a shiny new red one. I like.

Anyway, snow was fun! We drove up to a play area, had snowball fights and snow fights and Matt made a snow angle and we attempted a snowman - which, as everyone present for last year's snowperson creation, can be quite hard. We achieved a similar shape but gave up in the end, too. The day was sunny and perfect and lovely- there were lots of families out playing, too, so it made the scene extra cheerful.

On Sunday, we were lazy in the hotel until check out time, the drove out to Williams to visit the Grand Canyon Deer Farm. For deer. And petting them. Oh, that was so much fun!! Animals we saw included a monkey of some sort, caribou, llamas and a camel. Yeah, a camel in the snow is about as awesome as it sounds. Pics!














After the Deer farm, we headed back down the 17. Only I had mentioned that I really wanted to visit and maybe get lunch in Strawberry, Arizona. Which I remembered being not that far off the 17. And which on the map, looked not that far.

Well, as it turns out I was hella wrong. It was like 30 miles out of the way, but Matt took us anyway, all extra cheerful. And it was totally worth it. While the town of Strawberry is only like, 8 buildings, it had an adorable lodge where we had burgers and pie and watched some football with native Strawberrians.



It was a blast.

We headed home after that, making it back into Phoenix in time to hit up a nice restaraunt in the Chinese Cultural Center for Jeff's 25th birthday.



Also, as a back story, I spent the entire weekend trying to sneak in a hair cut, but couldn't quite manage. This tangled mess will be removed tomorrow, so help me --- !!!


2 comments:

  1. Alice Q

    Apparently I got those pictures out of order. Just a heads up, that last deer isn't some boy I picked up in Strawberry.

     
  2. Leah of Rafaleah

    LOL :D What a trip! I wish it snowed in Texas!

    When I read posts like this, it makes me want to come back to AZ to visit and have some fun! :) I'll let you know when that happens!

     

Post a Comment